Forest Range is a private property and permission is required to access the property. We do not currently offer farm tours or farm stay opportunities, but are happy to consider visits ONLY by prior request. Please note that is not always practical for access to be granted – eg. when lambing, shearing or mustering.
We take health and safety seriously. To request permission please contact Dave directly on 03 445 2804.
Please note: no dogs or firearms are permitted on the property.
Rules and Regulations:
The general expectations for visitors to Forest Range are:
- Leave gates as you find them – open or closed
- Keep to farm tracks at all times
- Do not climb unsupported fence wires
- Do not block or obstruct gateways, tracks or entrances
- Do not feed the animals
- Report damage or observations to Dave Emmerson
- Do not light fires
- Care for the environment – take your litter home
- If biking or horse riding – control your speed
- If farm animals are on the road/track slow down and make way for them
- When taking vehicles on site be responsible with your vehicle
- Take responsibility for your own actions
- Follow all advice and instruction given by Dave Emmerson
- Be aware of hazards (read the Hazard Register) – be prepared for all eventualities
- Keep a safe distance from farm buildings and machinery.
- GPS Locator Beacon
- Warm clothes
- Survival blanket
- First Aid kit – suitable to manage a serious accident
- Food for length of stay plus extra if weather closes in
- Map of area.